As you may know, that customer retention requires a lot of hard work than acquiring new customers, in a go. In fact, customer acquisition requires more budget spend and less assured business outcomes. Therefore, focusing majorly on customer retention can help you get repeat purchases and ensure your goodwill in the market.
To retain your current clientele, it is important for you to adhere to timely engagement with them. Most organizations have greater concerns about delivering the best quality products, rather than maintaining relationships with the clients.
To get started with your effective customer engagement strategy, here 15 tips to avoid failure:
- Stay Personal: Personalization is the key to engaging customers, effectively. Personalized experiences are vital in helping turn existing customers/prospects into loyal ones as they make them more invested in the brand.
- Enhance Support: Your business wouldn’t flourish if you don’t have the right customer support in place. Providing the right after-sales support and time asking for feedback on their experience of using your product can help in strengthening customer relationships.
- Engage effectively: There are multiple engagement metrics that are followed by organizations. Although one of the trending techniques is that of missed call alert service with IVR. Usually, companies use such a service for promotions, but once the customer has given a missed call, it is important for an organization to connect back immediately. Missed Call Alert Service with an IVR does the job just right.
- Give special treatment to VIP customers: There must be many clients that have stuck with you for a yearlong or have been paying you some extra-dollars. They do need special treatment. Design special offers or rewards for them as part of your customer loyalty program.
- Create customer-centric content: In the era of digitalization, content plays a major role in engaging customers with your brand. Create videos, blog posts, emails, etc. that resonate with your customers. Such a strategy will help them to rely on your brand for their queries, round-the-clock.
- Build Surveys: Surveys are a great way to interact with your customers and know what they are looking out for. It also creates a sentiment in them of being valued.
- Host Conferences: Community Conferences are ideal in case you plan to take your customer engagement strategy to the next level. The interactive sessions and addressing the customer concerns and delivering speeches about their pain-point will set you apart in your customer engagement strategy.
- Invest your customer engagement: Although you must be spending a lot on your marketing initiatives, it is important that you concentrate on your customer engagement strategy as well. As a part of your customer retention strategy, it is important to have a budget framework for your customer engagement initiatives.
- Deliver great value to customers: Making customers realize the value that you are providing to them should also be considered in your customer engagement strategy. This can be in terms of product, shopping or support experience.
- Stay available for customer call: Your customer calls cannot be missed. For instance, organizations using missed call alert service should have a tracking dashboard to track customer calls so that they can be reached on time.
- Ensure you are easy to reach: A lot of the organizations do not provide proper contact details or have long IVRs on their support numbers. This irritates the customer. Ensuring that customers can easily reach out to you, anytime they want is a better way to craft your customer engagement strategy.
- Use Live Chats: Live chats are a great way to cater to customer queries and are highly effective in streamlining customer engagement strategies. Getting a live chat in place on your website helps customers to connect easily if there aren’t any other means.
- Send out newsletters: You must be receiving monthly newsletters from other organizations. It is a part of their customer engagement strategy. Are you following the same strategy for your customers? Sharing your bi-weekly or monthly through emails can help customers recall your brand and keep them engaged as well as educated at the same time.
- Address concerns on social media: Customers are social in nature these days. With the increased use of social media, they have developed the habit to communicate through social platforms and sharing their feedback. Responding to their comments on your organization’s social handles will make them even more streamlined to your customer-engagement strategy.
- Implement Remarketing Strategies: Customer engagement shouldn’t be your only point of focus but ensuring that you get business out of it. Implementing an effective remarketing strategy can help your organization to meet both retention and engagement goals. For instance, promoting your products through SMS marketing and asking them to give a missed call if interested, can be quite beneficial.
Although most organizations want to decrease their churn rate, it is important that the right engagement strategies are also in place to cater to this vertical of customer retention. Finding more ways to define your customer engagement strategy? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org